Join our mailing list & receive the latest news and offers
Mold and algae are sometimes mistaken for dirt—appearing as black streaks or marks on your home’s siding or roof. Many homeowners assume that those streaks are simply normal wear and tear to be expected on a roof that is several years old. Because of this, they make the mistake of not investigating further. The problem is that, in letting it go, they are allowing harmful contaminants to infiltrate their home’s exterior. Those dangerous contaminants can pose a health risk to you and your family.
Keep this information about mold and algae in mind:
- Mold and algae are different, but equally harmful. Mold is a fungus and will eat all available nutrients in order to survive. Algae is more plant-like and thrives on absorbing sunlight. Neither is good news for your home’s exterior.
- Mold and algae love wet, humid environments. If you have a buildup of moisture on your home, such as in clogged gutters, the growth of mold and algae is not far behind.
- Mold and algae are not always visible. Just because you cannot see mold and algae does not mean it is not there! They are likely hiding on the siding of your home, in the nooks and crannies of your gutters, and on the shingles of your roof.
- Mold and algae spores are harmful to breathe. Spores of mold and mildew float in the air around your home. Breathing in these spores can be particularly harmful for those who suffer from seasonal allergies or are prone to allergic reactions, and can also cause respiratory problems. The spores may even be harmful for your pets.
- Mold and algae can be eliminated through power washing. This is the good news! Professional power washing will thoroughly clean your home, removing all harmful contaminants and preventing their future growth.
Fight back against the growth of mold and algae on your home. Call the team at Perfect Power Wash to schedule your residential power washing service today.