Concrete is a commonly used, durable driveway material that sits in front of many homes throughout the United States. And while you may think of your concrete driveway as something that can handle anything, that’s rarely the case. To keep it in good shape, it requires cleaning and maintenance. Here are five things to keep in mind regarding your concrete driveway:
- Concrete is porous. What you may not realize is that despite how hard the surface is, concrete is porous. Made from a combination of small gravel, sand and cement mix, tiny holes stretch across the surface.
- Grime and bacteria can collect in the pores. Over time, dirt, grime, bacteria, mold, and mildew can actually collect in the small pores of a concrete driveway or sidewalk. This is a natural process as the driveway is exposed to the outdoor elements. If you have seen stained areas of your driveway this is likely the issue.
- Power washing is a must. The best way to maintain your concrete driveway is to have it power washed on a regular basis. Pressure washing will remove stains, mold and mildew from the surface. You can do this as a homeowner, but it will be nearly impossible to remove all spots and stains.
- Professional concrete restoration can leave your driveway in like-new condition. Using a special process, the experts at companies like Perfect Power Wash can get your concrete looking great. We take advantage of commercial grade power washing equipment that has a rotary head to provide a deep cleaning.
- Further protect your concrete driveway with a sealant. The right sealant will keep your driveway looking great. Once your driveway has been cleaned, sealant fills its pores and protects it for years to come.